Clients & Carers
We cater for all people with disabilities and disability support services within the local community.
- We are a 100% charitable worldwide organisation run by Volunteers with Blue Cards.
- No Experience is needed as experienced skippers instruct you or your client.
- We rely principally upon donations, sponsorships and fund raising events.
- We operate downstairs at the Whitsunday Sailing Club at Airlie Point usually every other Tuesday starting 9.00am until approximately 1pm. The tides determine these dates and times.
- Sailing session contribution $10
- Sausage Sizzle $2
- Soft Drinks $2
- Tea/Coffee free
- Free chilled water and smiles
Before you come
- Please NOTIFY US by SMS to 0499 835 111 by 6pm Friday evening prior to sailing day of your attendance (unless you have made other arrangements).
- We will notify you of cancellation due to weather by 7.30am on that sailing day.
- Sun glasses, hat and sunscreen
- Enclosed shoes or secure sandals (the pontoon gets hot)
- Towel & change of clothes (multihull sailing is a wetter activity than dinghy sailing)
- Sun safe & stinger suit clothing in season (if you wish to swim)
On arrival at the Whitsunday Sailing Club at Airlie Beach
- Park downstairs in grounds to allow easier access to undercover operations area
- Identify the Officer of the Day (OOD – see whiteboard) & introduce yourself
- Inform OOD of any special requirements or useful information for boat skippers
- Complete the attendance record sheet with OOD – so client can be allocated appropriate boat and skipper for sailing sessions
- New Clients & Carers must complete a Client & Carer Registration form
We will provide
- A FUN Filled session
- Skippers encouraging SKILLS and delivering basic sailing instructions
- Competitive SAILING SESSIONS in stable boats or trip in our observer boat
- Sausage Sizzle LUNCH $2 each around 12.30pm, Tea & Coffee all day
For a SMOOTH SAILING DAY
- Sailors should be ready to sail ASAP after arrival, especially on tide dependent days
- Toilets are available and please ask a volunteer if you require assistance
- Carers please assist volunteers as they prepare your client for sailing
- If a medical emergency occurs – consult with OOD. Many of us have 1st aid certification.
Please observe these safety procedures
- Life jacket is required – skipper to check fit before leaving for pontoon/ boat
- Assistance to launch area can be arranged from covered area
- Pontoon volunteers will assist with boarding and disembarkation
- Sun protection is strongly recommended regardless of the sun’s intensity
On return of the boat with your client
- Please be at the launching area to collect your client as skippers may remain with the boat for the next client
- Ask the OOD if you or your client would like another sailing session, providing there is a vacancy. It’s free of further charge!
When leaving for the day
- Check that you have all your belongings
- Some assistance with tidying the client’s area would be greatly appreciated if possible
- Please let us know if you have any ideas for next time or about something that bothered you or your client. We have fun but it makes us happier if we know you had fun too.
From all of us at Sailability Whitsunday, great to see you and looking forward to next time.