Sailability Whitsunday is a worldwide organisation and we are one of 15 clubs operating within Queensland, helping those with disabilities and special needs by participating in recreational sailing.
See for Yourself !
303 Hansa Access dinghies
- 2 person sling seat for skipper and sailor
- suitable craft for teaching and sailing skills
- impossible to capsize
- for rescue/emergency
- course supervision
- setting fun sailing courses
- for non sailors
- try steering a motor boat
- enjoy sights from a water viewpoint
TIMES Every second Tuesday, weather permitting: Volunteers 8.00 am to 2.00 pm Sailors/Carers 9.00 am to 1.00 pm
LOCATION Downstairs at the Whitsunday Sailing Club
BOOKINGS Please phone 0499 835 111 – and notify us of any special equipment (sling/hoist/wheelchair or yard access)
CALENDAR Check Dates here
- $12 participation fee – includes multiple sails (when applicable)
- $3 onion & sausage sizzle (when available)
- Free tea / coffee /chilled water (when available) – can fill your own container
All laughs, smiles, jokes – on the house!!
What we offer for all Participants & Volunteers
Affordable Costs Refreshments Onion & Snag BBQ Sizzle Positive Encouragement Support Safety Healthy Activity Covid-safe Plan Personal Development Self Reliance Social Interaction Friendships in a Friendly Environment Hoist Facility Disability Toilet Wheelchair Access Sheltered Seated Areas Structured Format Freedom of Movement Basic Skill Sail Training Being in Control Competition Sailing
Pathways to Acheivement